Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I went to Bimbo's this weekend, not my cabin. Oh, yeah, and WILLA TURNS 1 ON SUNDAY!

Cabin weekend is over, and it's time to detoxify my body. I had Bimbo's THREE times this weekend!! That's got to be some kind of record...

Aside from being stuck in traffic for an extra hour, it was a wonderful weekend. I'm very blessed to have such wonderful women in my life. BIG shout out to my sister & brother-in-law for always answering my phone calls :) I love you both! Here's a few photos from this weekend:






This coming Sunday marks a VERY special day--My niece, Willa, turns 1! My little peanut, Willa Kate, aka 'Dubs', was born a year ago, and I remember the day as if it were yesterday: I was working the night shift at Billy's in the back bar. I was checking my phone every minute, waiting for a call/text from my brother letting me know we were finally going to have a niece (or, nephew; we still didn't know at that point!). Finally, the text came: "Willa Katherine Sperl has arrived. You're an aunt." It was the happiest day of my life. I sat in the break room, cried for a while, and called my sister. Meghan and David were so happy, but so exhausted at the same time. I drove up that Sunday, and here's the first impression Willa and I had of one-another:


Hugs :)


Matching! (She looks great in yellow! She's going to love my gift, and so is her Mom!)


Here's the sweet peanut at 11 months:



2 comments:

  1. You are such a great auntie :) glad you had a fun weekend at the lake...excited to see you!

    ReplyDelete